I’ll never forget the moment when my new personal trainer used his caliper to grab the fat around my waist and his tape measure to jot down my inches. Oh – My – God, how totally humiliating.
Then came “The Talk”. Here’s how it went:
Trainer [trying to sound non-chalant]: “Okay, so based on all the results you are considered to be in the Obese Zone.”
Me [trying to look like I’m really interested but really wanting to cry], “Oh wow, okay.”
I used to be the skinny kid. The young adolescent who some described as looking too thin – sickly thin even. They used to tell me I should eat more….until they saw me eat whole bags of cookies after school.
To have gotten to a place in my life where I was tired, worn out, and OBESE was something I couldn’t even wrap my head around.
In order to get me down to my ideal weight, the trainer had me doing short, intense periods of cardio, along with weights, squats and stomach exercises.
I was a sweaty mess after our exercise sessions.
After returning home in order to take care of my daughter and run my business, I would lay down on the sofa and not get up until it was time to collect my son from school. My body was completely spent.
I thought to myself, “Who ARE those people who say exercise gives them energy??? All it does for me is make me want to sleep for 10 years!”
I worked with this trainer for 6 weeks as a lead up to my summer holiday with “the GOAL” being to drop a dress size & look good in a bikini. You know how that goes, right?
And so the saga continued. I would try to do things on my own, do another diet…. and nothing was sustainable, not even exercise. After about 2 weeks I would catch a cold, get the flu or just feel unwell.
How to Attain Your Ideal Weight… Without Exercise
I won’t go into the long story of how I came to practise what I do today, but just know that I got to a point where I was just DONE. Done with the countless diets. Done with the countless exercise promises. Done with feeling crappy and no energy. Just done. And so, I asked the Divine for Guidance and voila! Here it is:
- Banish the word EXERCISE from your vocabulary. There are so many counter-productive beliefs and messages around the word that it is, in my opinion, better to never use it again. Instead, I choose to use the word MOVEMENT.
- We are energetic beings and in our energetic system we store beliefs, memories and memes thus causing a congestion in our energetic system. When there is congestion, there is no flow of energy. And without flow of energy our bodies don’t work well. They put on weight in certain areas related to the belief or memory or they create pain or tension. So, we must move.
- Every morning before stepping out of bed, ask your body & soul this question: “How would you like to MOVE today?”
- Before beginning your movement make an intention for what you desire the movement to DO for you. Your intention could sound like this: “My intention is that this movement unblocks any and all energy congestion within me so that energy flows freely throughout my body and elegantly brings me to my ideal weight.”
- Enjoy the movement and Thank your body for supporting you.
Two of my Favourite Elegant Movements
- My Morning Movement Ritual. (Watch the video above, specifically at minute 2:00)
- Kundalini Legs (Watch the video above, specifically at minute 10:15)
What I Recommend For You Now
Now you have the 4 Steps to Elegantly Attain & Maintain Your Ideal Body! (If this is the first time you’re seeing this series, start back at Video #1 HERE)
If you’re anything like me you won’t want this series to end here. With anything new, I like to be hand held a bit until it becomes a habit or fully integrated into my life.
This is why I created a simple 6 week program that I know you will LOVE!
I plan on sharing all my extra little secrets that I didn’t have time to share with you during this series. Plus, from my teaching days, I know that the best way to learn something is a little at a time, so one doesn’t become overwhelmed and do nothing out of confusion.
No, I want you to say, “Erin, thank you SO MUCH! I cannot believe that getting to my ideal weight could be this easy and elegant! I am LOVING myself and feeling so incredible!”
So, on Friday, I will be pre-launching a gorgeous program that will hand hold you through this process. Hey, if my mom, who can’t work out hard, can lose 2 dress sizes in 6 weeks then you can too!
Set an alert on your calendar for Friday, April 21st to come back to the blog to see what this is all about.
A quick teaser of just THREE of the gems in the program:
ONE – My Secret trick to use when eating a non-high vibe food, like chocolate cake or white pasta. Your body will enjoy the food and you won’t gain weight from it! YES!
TWO – My Top 6 Elegant Movements that I have found work best for most women; movements that are simple, short & highly effective (and don’t leave you huffing and puffing!)
THREE – 5 Beautiful, High-Vibe Breakfasts, Lunches, Snacks & Dinners for you to choose from each day so you can make conscious choices that taste amazing and are oh, so pleasurable. The weight will melt away as you savour deliciousness!
See you on Friday with all the other juicy details!!